Most homeowner’s claims are as a result of burglary, natural disaster or fire. Should you unfortunately have a burglary, housebreaking or fire incident, you should:
- Immediately report all these incidents to the police and the fire service, in case of fire.
- Where a crime has been committed do not tamper with any potential evidence before the arrival of the police.
- Take photos where possible to show entry, exit and damage.
- Contact the EC Global Insurance Agency Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible.
- List all damage / loss to building and contents.
- Locate and secure you insurance policy and any other personal contractual document.
Losses from Major Perils – Flood, Hurricane etc.
- Take photos of damage.
- Secure premises with board, tarpaulins etc. to prevent further loss or damage to building and contents.
- Keep all invoices and receipts for sums spent in securing the premises.
- Contact our Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible for guidance.
- Clean up debris.
- Salvage as much as possible. Dry out electrical items, clothing etc.
- If necessary, use a generator to run essential electrical appliances e.g. freezers.
If the premises are rendered uninhabitable, seek reasonably priced temporary alternative accommodation. Temporary accommodation is covered under your Comfort Zone policy.