Making A Claim That Will Be Settled Quickly
- Your first official step is to fully complete a claim form and return same to your broker representative or us, ASAP (within 30 days) The forms are available from your broker, our office or web site.
- For contents, prepare an inventory of damaged / lost items available with date of purchase, purchase price, replacement cost or repair estimate.
- For building, have a detailed estimate from the person(s) you intend to have repair it.
- Make yourself available to the claims adjuster.
- Allow at least one hour for adjuster to survey premises and take photos etc. (Have documents ready, e.g. site plan, claim documents)
- Make sure to point out all known damage.
- The adjuster will have local rate sheets for similar types of building repairs and will prepare his costing based on measurements taken by him.
- The adjuster will then send their report to us and we will compare your loss with the policy coverage in place.
- Should your loss be covered under the policy we will issue a settlement cheque and final policy discharge form to you.
Information required about damaged items:
- Year Purchased
- Original Cost
- Replacement Cost or Repair Cost