This policy covers the building, household goods, contents and personal belongings including valuables such as jewellery, home appliances and computers.
- Fire, lightning, explosion
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption
- Hurricane, storm, flood
- Riot, strike or labour disturbances
- Burglary, housebreaking, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism.
- Escape of water from any domestic appliance or as a result of bursting or overflow of any apparatus or pipes situated on the premises.
- Impact Damage from vehicles, animals, aircrafts or aerial devices.
N.B. In respect of No. 5 and 6, cover will not apply if the premises are insufficiently furnished for normal living purposes or not occupied for more than 40 consecutive days.
We also provide you with the following additional coverage, subject to certain conditions:
- Accidental breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fixtures.
- Accidental damage to septic pits, underground tanks, drains, pipes and cables.
- Cost of temporary accommodation or reimbursement of rent lost.
- Accidental breakage of fixed glass in furniture, pictures and mirrors.
- Loss or damage to pool and patio furniture.
- Spoilage of food in freezer or refrigerator
- Accidental damage of televisions, audio, video and computer equipment
- Loss of or damage to contents temporarily removed to another building.
- Water or oil damage caused by burst pipes, water tanks etc.
- Automatic increases in sum insured in respect of cost of presents and extra food and drink purchased for Christmas or family member's wedding - up to 10% of sum insured on contents.
- Temporary removal of contents from home.
Legal Liability to Third Parties
- Your legal liability for damages and or claimants costs and expenses for accidental bodily injury including death/disease or accidental damage to property.
- Indemnity to your Legal Personal Representatives
- Your legal liability as tenant for damage to the building
- Your legal liability to pay damages for bodily injury to domestic employees
Optional Benefits (subject to certain conditions)
Personal Possessions - All Risk
Valuables such as jewelry, personal effects and clothing
Financial loss as a result of use of stolen/lost credit cards.
Accidental Death and Permanent Disability
Accidental personal injury which result in death or permanent disability while on insured premises.
For tips on Homeowners insurance, please click here.