Homeowners Claims

Most homeowner’s claims are as a result of burglary, natural disaster or fire. Should you unfortunately have a burglary, housebreaking or fire incident, you should:

  • Immediately report all these incidents to the police and the fire service, in case of fire.
  • Where a crime has been committed do not tamper with any potential evidence before the arrival of the police.
  • Take photos where possible to show entry, exit and damage.
  • Contact the EC Global Insurance Agency Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible.
  • List all damage / loss to building and contents.
  • Locate and secure you insurance policy and any other personal contractual document.


Losses from Major Perils – Flood, Hurricane etc.

  • Take photos of damage.
  • Secure premises with board, tarpaulins etc. to prevent further loss or damage to building and contents.
  • Keep all invoices and receipts for sums spent in securing the premises.
  • Contact our Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible for guidance.
  • Clean up debris.
  • Salvage as much as possible. Dry out electrical items, clothing etc.
  • If necessary, use a generator to run essential electrical appliances e.g. freezers.


If the premises are rendered uninhabitable, seek reasonably priced temporary alternative accommodation. Temporary accommodation is covered under your Comfort Zone policy.


Event Calendar
Sign up for email updates

Privacy by: SafeSubscribe

Zerofox Site Seal